The Evolution of Perfection is a fitting tagline for the longest-standing, most decorated full-face helmet model in the SHOEI lineup, the RF. The process of improving is a constant evolution, and with a world-class team of designers and engineers leading the charge, we pushed our resources and technologies to the brink, utilizing our state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility, extensive array of proprietary materials, and the industry’s most stringent quality assurance practices to develop the all-new RF-1400. SHOEI’s lightest and most compact SNELL-approved full-face helmet model, the RF-1400 has evolved the pursuit of perfection to the next level.
ADVANCED NOISE REDUCTION
- Optimal shell aerodynamics reduce wind noise around the helmet
- Vortex Generators on the sides of the shield reduce wind turbulence
- All-new, airtight window beading provides wind/waterproof seal
- New, voluminous cheek pads and removable ear pads further restrain wind noise inside the helmet
- The RF-1400 provides an incredibly quiet riding experience without blocking the road’s informative sounds
Utilizing SHOEI’s in-house wind tunnel to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, SHOEI designers relocated the center/forehead vent, and also equipped it with an additional air intake hole, to help increase the volume of cooling air entering the helmet. Additionally, a new, enlarged exhaust outlet vent helps take better advantage of negative pressure suction at the rear of the helmet, yielding improved hot-air expulsion.
The RF-1400 is equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable 3D Max-Dry Interior System II that is capable of dissipating sweat 2x faster than traditional nylon interiors. Newly designed cheek pads feature more volume on the bottom for greater comfort and reduced wind noise, and the soft yet durable lower cheek pad fabric provides an extremely plush fit and feel.