What Is Stage 1?
Introducing our inaugural flash for the 2021+ BMW S1000R! Utilizing our decade of experience and research into the BMW ECU’s has helped us A LOT to develop the 2021 Single R Stage 1 Flash. US and European model S1000RR’s have been restricted from the factory, with the US models having some of the worst restrictions we have ever seen on a BMW liter bike short of the 2017+ BMW K1600.
What’s Being Restricted?
- Throttle Restriction – Throttle is restricted and has a lazy feel on tip-in riding along with loss of power in certain gears / RPM’s
- Exhaust Valve – Restricted for noise and makes a loss in power
- RPM Limiter – The stock RPM limiter is set to 12,000 RPM and cuts the powerband off too soon
- Fueling – The 2021 BMW S1000R fueling is set rich from the factory and needs adjustment
- Heat Management – The S1000R feels hot and runs hot
What Do We Do To Fix These Issues?
- Throttle Restriction – We remove the throttle restrictions across the board to give you the riding experience and power you wanted from the factory
- Exhaust Valve – We still utilize the stock exhaust valve to give you maximum power but also open it up when you need to make peak power gains and the sound you want
- RPM Limiter – We moved the limiter from the stock 12,000RPM to 12,500RPM to maximize your powerband
- Fueling – We program the S1000R to target a better AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio) to make a little more power along with fixing drivability and idle issues
- 8% horsepower gain across the RPM range (see graph below)Horsepower gained from exhaust valve management
- Cooler riding temps
- Potential cold start, hot start issues solved. Idle is smooth and consistent
- Improved throttle response in all gears
- Longer powerband from increased RPM limiter
- Better exhaust note (as bike is silent stock due to exhaust valve)
Stock – (RED) 149WHP / 78WTQ
Flashed – (BLUE) 160WHP / 85WTQ
**WHP and WTQ means the power the motorcycle is putting to the ground. Manufacturers use HP and TQ and this refers to the power being outputted by the engine only and is not a true reading of power. After the engine of the motorcycle outputs its power it has to travel through the transmission chain, etc before it gets to the ground. Because of this drivetrain loss, the wheel horsepower number is always less than the manufacturer claimed horsepower.
**All in-house testing performed with 93 octane pump gas. Usage of a lower octane will yield smaller power gains.**
THE BT MOTO HANDHELD TUNER
WHAT IS A HANDHELD TUNER AND WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING ONE?
Thoroughly tested by our own engineers, not just for its function but also durability. We purposefully dropped this thing about 100 times just to make sure if you accidentally dropped it, it would still be a usable device.
So why buy it when you can just send in your ECU for flashing and spend less? Let’s see the breakdown.
NO DOWNTIME – No need to send in your ECU or remove it from your bike at all. You order the handheld, it get’s delivered to you, you flash your bike. You never miss a day of riding and no effort removing the ECU.
STORE MULTIPLE MAPS – When you send in your ECU, you only get one map. You might be thinking, “why would I need more than one map?”. Storing multiple maps means you’re able to flash for different fuels. If you’re a serious track competitor, we can work with you to get you different mapping for different tracks. If, for example, you’re add an exhaust to your stock bike, we can email you a file that takes the new exhaust into account with the changes you need to optimize your bike’s new modifications.
GO BACK TO STOCK ANYTIME – Not only can you store multiple race maps, you can also flash the original, stock file back into the bike at any time and for any reason.