The Yamaha R1 Clutch system is the next evolution of slipper clutch technology designed by the modern pioneer of the original slipper clutch system Edo Vigna. These clutch systems help eliminate rear-wheel chatter and reduce chassis instability during aggressive downshifts. These kits will provide longer life thanks to a more simplistic approach to the distribution and balancing of forces.
Conventional style slipper clutches must move the inner hub through the pressure plates from the bottom putting pressure on the ramps at different angles and the clutch stack. The excess friction between the plates and clutch hub causes an additional requirement of force to overcome the load on the discs before the inner hub can begin its journey to contact the outer pressure plate.
The EVR Clutch addresses this issue by not allowing the drum to move in and out. The EVR drives a cam through the center of the hub outward which pushes on the outer pressure plate, greatly reducing the energy required during the break free moment. The disengagement and re-engagement of the clutch is smoother allowing for greater tune-ability. In addition to the reduced break free moment there are also no small bearings to wear on the ramps which gives greater life and greater consistency in operation throughout the life cycle of the parts.
Fitment: Yamaha R1 2015-2019
- Highly effective engine to clutch-to-rear wheel power management system decreases unwanted engine braking when braking hard and down shifting for a corner
- Simple control and tune-ability of the negative torque / slip by replacing the secondary springs or increasing or decreasing spring types or changing ramp angles
- Patented friction reducing technology that only drives outer pressure plate not the drum reducing friction, wear, and rotating mass.
- Greatly reduces stress on your chain, increasing its life
- Suitable for Racing, Track, and Street riding
- Prevents damage to the engine and gearbox by reducing the mechanical stress caused by the back-torque of the engine and reducing the chance of over-revving on down shifts.
- Provides better clutch feel and smoother action
- Uses original friction plates, drive plates, and basket (Some kits replace the OEM basket with a billet basket also from EVR).